Sunday, September 7, 2008

Grand Design










Driving to work this morning, all the clouds were this luminescent blue colour. It was too fucking quiet, no breeze, and there wasn't a car on the road. Also, I was sober, which is kind of an event unto itself.

When I got to Eglinton and VP, there was what looked like a roadblock set up, with both civilian and police cars in the mix. About a half dozen people were all standing outside their cars, looking Southbound and pointing to something in the distance. I got to idle at a stoplight for a minute, so I took a look for myself. There was absolutely nothing there; just open road and silence.
All this occurred to the score of DJ Technics remix of Radiohead's "Everything in its Right Place," (@ 320 kpbs) which had come on at random.
I'm not a terribly religious person, but the synthesis of all these happenings really made me feel like I was witnessing some sort of divine architecture.

No comments: