Friday, September 5, 2008

Riddim & Roti - Roland's (2900 Eglinton Ave.E)












Goddamn. I just ate this massive roti for lunch and am worried I may be found in a food coma at my desk in an hour or so. Needless to say Roland's satisfies.For $7.85 I ordered the Chicken & Shrimp roti from this legendary Scarborough Caribbean joint. Weighing in at what I'm guessing is about 2 pounds, the superbly spiced roti is quite possibly one of the best I've ever encountered (and i've encountered a few in my time). Served in a fresh Dahlphuri and filled with the perfect amount of potato, shrimp and chicken this traditional West Indian delight did not disappoint. Throw a little of Roland's scotch bonnet hot sauce and you'll be feeling the island breeze (or maybe sweats) in no time.

4 1/2 Brrrraaapps! out of 5

I've been rockin this Mavado track pretty heavy lately, and it still gives me the chills every time.

Mavado - On the rock

2 comments:

Jenn said...

you'll be feeling the island breeze (or maybe sweats)

hahahah. I found it. Wicked. I haven't eaten breakfast yet, and I'm craving Ghandi.

Nice header btw.

AR said...

Shrimp AND chicken? That's an automatic 6/5.